Carina Press has made two big calls for submissions recently. Carina is the digital first imprint from Harlequin. They publish books in a wide variety of fiction genres including contemporary romance, steampunk, erotic romance, gay/lesbian fiction, mystery, science-fiction, and fantasy, among others.
In the past, Carina has required a completed manuscript and a detailed synopsis for submission. Recently, Carina announced their first-ever call for proposals. If your book meets a few important criteria, you could be in luck, but hurry! The deadline is July 13th and there are a few conditions:
- Your book must fall in a genre that Carina editors are interested in acquiring.
- Your book must be a completely new work and may not be previously published in any way.
- Your book must not have been passed on by Carina editors in the past.
That’s it, so what are you waiting for? Submit your proposal today!
New Anthologies from Carina in 2017
Carina has also announced a call for submissions for 5 anthologies to be released in 2017 both as anthologies and as novellas. The requested word count is 25,000 to 40,000 and genres:
- A Jewel Thief, Capers and Heists Anthology
- Alien Love: A Romance Anthology
- Sexy Shifters: A Male/Male Romance Anthology.
- Sexy Shifter A Het Romance Anthology
- Too Taboo: A Forbidden Erotic Romance Anthology
Submission dates vary by anthology but start August 1st with Too Taboo and end October 4th with the Capers and Heists anthology. Decisions are offered approximately 3 weeks after submission.
Good luck and make sure you let us know Carina accepts your work!
What are you working on this summer?