Hello, fair readers.
I’m afraid I only have time for the briefest of notes – a quick hello, and then it’s back to the grindstone for this freelance writer. But, though my deadlines have me working both days this weekend (I am, at the moment, a poster child for the classic feast-or-famine quandary), I wanted to take a moment to thank you guys for always being here to share a little of the weekend with me. Though we’ve never met in the so-called Real World, connecting with you via the magic of the Internet is always one of the most enjoyable parts of my week. I am sorry that I haven’t been able to be here for the past couple of weeks. My absence is due in part to continued technology issues (I’m currently waiting to hear from Apple’s engineering team about the latest crash report) and in part to an overwhelming workload (for which I am grateful, but which is also driving me a bit too hard and burning the proverbial candle at both ends).
I hope that you are writing and reading and dreaming and exploring. I’m looking forward to coming back soon with more to share and time for conversations.
Until then, be well & be writing!
My Favorite Blog Reads of the Last Couple Weeks:
- Going to the Well by @GuerillaMemoir
- Writing Wednesdays: How Does A Story Start? by @SPressfield
- How to Right a Book in Nine (Not So) Easy Steps by @joebunting
- Wonder Full by @DonMaass
- Setup and Inciting Incident by @SPressfield
PUBLISHING & MARKETING
- Newsletter Signup Tactics by @elizabethscraig
- Why Engaged Communities Trump High Follower Counts by @iSocialFanz
- Create experiences, not data by @DanBlank
- 2 Keys to Unlock Your Momentum by @sagecohen
- The re-enchantment of psychology: We are not imagining myth. Myth is imagining us. by @sharonblackie
- Your Journal Assignment for Tomorrow Morning
- It happens around the edges by Seth Godin
- Why Write? There Are Already Too Many Books In The World by @thecreativepenn
THE WRITING LIFE
- How to Sneak in Exercise as You Work by @GroupXMich
- 5 Ways to Keep Writing When Life Intervenes by @jessicastrawser
- Self Care And Productivity For Authors With Ellen Bard via @JaneFriedman
- Neil Gaiman: Why We Read & What Books Do for the Human Experience via @brainpicker
- There Is No Safe Place by @LisaCron
A quote for the week:
Here’s to connections and discovery and pockets of time to enjoy both.
Jamie Lee Wallace Hi. I’m Jamie. I am a content writer and branding consultant, columnist, sometime feature writer, prolific blogger, and aspiring fiction writer. I’m a mom, a student of equestrian arts, and a nature lover. I believe in small kindnesses, daily chocolate, and happy endings. Introduce yourself on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. I don’t bite … usually.