This Thursday is Thanksgiving in the U.S. and many people have the day off (and some even have Friday off for a 4-day weekend).
For the most part I’ll have the 4-day weekend to do what I want, including working on my NaNo novel (National Novel Writing Month). I’m a lot behind on the word count, but I’m determined to hit that 50,000 word goal by midnight on Nov 30th. Very grateful for the quiet time!
I enjoy this time of year, in particular, to take more time to pause, reflect on the year-to-date, and to give thanks.
- I’m thankful for my family, friends, roommate, and exceptional business associates.
- I’m grateful for my accountability system that includes tools, of course, but most importantly weekly, monthly, and annual checkins with fellow writers.
- I’m thankful for new writing opportunities.
- I’m grateful for variety in many things – music, friends, work, projects, exercise routines, places to work, adventures to try, and places to visit.
- I’m thankful for my new place – its convenience to everything important to me, its newness, layout, accessories, and size.
- I’m grateful for technology that enables me to work from anywhere at any time.
- I’m thankful for this blog – my co-bloggers and you readers – I’m always learning something new!
If you’re traveling this holiday – I wish you the safest and smoothest travels and hope you make great family memories.
If people are coming to your home, I wish you many hands to make meal prep easy and that you can find a few minutes to take a breath and appreciate those gathered around you.
(I’m also thankful for fleece socks, flannel sheets, new journals to write in, and new books to read.)
What are you grateful or thankful for as we approach the end of 2016?
Special note: Over the next few days, we’ll be moving nhwn.wordpress.com to nhwriters.org. If you have trouble reaching us, please be patient as the new domain name resolves. Thanks for your patience! The NHWN Team.
Lisa J. Jackson is an independent writer and editor who enjoys working with businesses of all sizes. She loves researching topics, interviewing experts, and helping companies tell their stories. You can connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.